Helpful Legal Resources
How Can We Help You
Sexual Assault and Abuse Claims
- Bishop Accountability: An organization that monitors and reports on important developments in the field of sexual abuse by clergy. Documenting the Abuse Crisis in the Roman Catholic Church. We offer documents representing every conceivable perspective on the crisis, and we intend to include every relevant diocesan and Vatican document. We endorse no particular analysis of the root causes of the crisis, and we advocate no particular remedies.
- The Foundation to Abolish Child Sex Abuse: A Pennsylvania organization devoted to providing the latest news, questions about Statutes of Limitations across the country, links to other sites, and facts about the sexual abuse of children and the campaign to abolish same.
- SNAP: Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests was founded in 1988 as a self-help support group for those who were sexually violated. Frustrated with the inadequate response from church officials we began seeking out each other. Still hurting, we determined to research and teach ourselves how to heal from the trauma.
- Catholics4Change: Created following the 2011 Philadelphia Grand Jury report revealed clergy sex abuse had been covered up by the Philadelphia Archdiocese for decades. It serves as a forum for Catholics who want to share their concerns and questions regarding Church accountability to laity on a variety of issues relating to the protection of children. Catholics4Change offers news, links and commentary from a variety of perspectives.
- The Pennsylvania Grand Jury Report of Catholic Clergy Abuse: A grand jury investigation of Catholic Church sexual abuse in Pennsylvania lasted from 2016 to 2018, and investigated the history of clerical sexual abuse in six Pennsylvania dioceses. The grand jury’s report, released in August 2018, was the broadest examination by a government agency in the United States of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.
- National Center for Victims of Crime: National Organization dedicated to the support and education of crime victims who seek civil justice.
- The Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County, Inc.: Started in 1973, CVC is a victim advocacy agency offering immediate and continuing assistance and support for victims and witnesses of crime and their families in Chester County Pennsylvania. Their mission is to reduce the effects of sexual assault and other crimes on victims, witnesses, and family members, to reduce victimization, and to sensitive professionals to victims’ needs.
- Victim Law: A unique resource to exercise, implement, and enforce crime victims’ rights developed and operated by the National Center for Victims of Crime, providing an on-line, user-friendly database of statutes, laws, court rules, administrative code provisions, attorney general opinions and case summaries of related court decisions.